Pole Barns, Carports, etc.


Use this form for:

  • Pole Barns, Carports, Lean-To's, and any other project type that is poles and a roof (not enclosed on any side)

This form is not for stick built houses, modular or mobile home dwellings.  For building permits for dwellings, click the 'Building Permits' link on the menu above and to the left, and select the appropriate project type.


  • Type permit information into the text-box fields on the form, make selections from drop down boxes, also click any appropriate check-boxes.
  • Fill in what you know, anything you don't know - leave blank. Please note that items with a red asterisk (*) are required. 
    • If a required item is not applicable, either select or type N/A or place a zero (0) in the field.
  • Most permits require supplemental documents such as site plans, building plans, and so forth.
    • Supplemental documents required for this permit type include: 
      • Site Plan Drawing (Not same as plat map) - Can be hand drawn, does not have to be perfect
        • Show location of principal residence or main building
        • Show location of proposed project
        • Show location of septic system and drain lines
        • Show road frontage (where the road is)
      • Building Plans
        • If structure is an engineered metal structure, plans MUST be engineered (stamped and sealed by NC Licensed Engineer)
      • Existing System Check for your Septic System Depending on Proposed Location of New Structure
      • Any other documentation as required by Camden County Building Inspector
      • Affidavit of Signature (download blank file from link then fill out and snap picture or scan to pdf or jpg). 
    • Scan your supplemental documents to pdf or take jpg picture of each page using a camera or smartphone. 
    • Upload your supplemental documents in the section for each type of document.  Multiple file uploads are supported for each type of document.
  • The "Affidavit of Signature" file is how you will sign your application.  This form is required.  You cannot submit your application without it.
  • Once you have filled out the form and uploaded the supplemental documents, click the submit button.  Any missing items will be highlighted.  If your submission is successful, you will see a screen thanking you for your submission.
  • We will notify you via email when your permit is ready for pickup.

Please Note: 

Form data is not persistent.  If you fill out part of the form and leave the page you will have to start over.  The form does not save data entered into it.  Your permit data must be entered and submitted in the same session.  We recommend reviewing the required supplemental documentation section first, gathering all your data, then filling out the form and submitting it.

Powered by Phoca Download