The Camden County Library Board shall act in an advisory capacity to the Camden County Board of Commissioners and the Camden County Librarian in matters pertaining to the policies, services, and operation of the Camden County Library.
- Vicky Hagemeister (Chairperson)
- Nell Morrison
- Reed Adams
- Gwen Wescott
- Anita Cuthrell
- Monique Chamblee
- Comm. Clayton Riggs
- Mary Leigh Barrett
- Anna Smith
The board consist of twelve (12) members with nine (9) chosen from the citizens at large. Each member shall be appointed to serve a three (3) year term. Members are eligible to serve an additional three (3) year term, but no one may serve more than two (2) consecutive terms.
Requirements to become a member:
- Be a resident of Camden County, North Carolina.
- Apply using the County's standard volunteer form and submit it to the Camden County Board of Commissioners for consideration.
- No immediate family members of County Officials may serve on the Library Board.
- No officers of other library related organizations of Camden County may serve on the Library Board with voting rights.
Responsibilities of Board Members:
- Attend the board's quarterly meetings.
- Notify the Librarian or Board Chair if unable to attend a meeting.
- Assist in interpreting the policies and functions of the library to the public.
- Encourage in every possible way the development and advancement of the public library.
- Abide by the policies of the Camden County Library and the East Albemarle Regional Library.
The Library Board will meet on the third Tuesday in January, March, April, July and October at 5:15 p.m.