NC LIVE provides free, online access to a variety of databases containing full-text magazine, newspaper, and journal articles, encyclopedias, historical materials, e-books and e-audio books, auto repair information, maps, images, videos, and much more!
- Using the Internet, enter the address: www.nclive.org and press "Enter."
- The NC LIVE home page provides an overview of what NC LIVE encompasses including:
- Once you search or click on a link, you will be asked to log-in to use NC LIVE resources. At the first screen, you will choose East Albemarle Regional Library from the dropdown menu. Click on Next. Now it will ask you for your password. This is the 14-digit barcode number at the bottom of your library card, without the spaces.
- If you clicked on a link, you will be taken to a list of resources that pertain to that subject. Click on any of the titles to go to that database.
- Most databases allow you to search by a title, author, or topic. Some allow you to further modify your results by displaying only articles with full text, scholarly (peer reviewed) journals, publication date, source type, etc.
- After searching for an item, NC LIVE will provide you with a numbered results list. The title is in blue, followed by the citation information for the item. If the article is available to read through NC LIVE, you'll see a link for HTML Full Text or PDF Full Text. Click this to bring up the article. If you'd like, you can even print or save the article for later!
- For more information about the item. This will provide you with the abstract, or summary, of the article.
- Want to access the article later without having to search the database again? Click on "Email" (look for the envelope icon) and enter in your email information. Choose the citation format that you need (i.e. MLA, APA, etc.) and it will include the reference citation for you as well. This can save you so much time when conducting research!
Questions? The Camden County Public Library staff is just a call away! (252) 331-2543