Pool House

Use this permit type for:

  • Pool Houses

Click Here for Application Form (Instructions).

This form is not for new builds of stick built houses, modular or mobile home dwellings.  For building permits for dwellings, click the 'Building Permits' link on the menu above and to the left, and select the appropriate project type.

Be sure you submit any required supplemental documents with your application.

As of March 1, 2021, a Fill Permit FEE is REQUIRED for ALL New Builds of Single Family Dwellings, to include Stick Built, Modular, and Manufactured Homes. Fee of $50 is required for the aforementioned SFD types.

Accessory Permit types also require a Fill Permit, at a reduced rate, depending on type of permit, size of proposed building, and lot size whereupon structure is placed. For more information regarding this requirement, please call (252) 338-1919 x 232.

Below is the link to the Fill Permit form.  When filling out this form, please be as specific as you can, and fill form out in its entirety.  Include details regarding both septic fill and house pad fill (volume and dimensions of fill area), as well as any additional fill planned.

Fill Permit Application

Supplemental Documents Required for Permit:

  • Site Plan Drawing (Not same as plat map) - Can be hand drawn, does not have to be perfect
    • Show location of principal residence
    • Show location of proposed project
    • Show location of septic system and drain lines
    • *NEW* - Show location of ANY proposed fill which is above and beyond house pad & septic
  • Sketch of Dimensions and Building Plans
    • If structure is an engineered metal structure, plans MUST be engineered (stamped and sealed by NC Licensed Engineer)
  • Elevation Certificate (if in a flood zone)
  • CAMA Permit (Waterfront property only)
    • Field Representative: Lynn Mathis
    • 401 S. Griffin Street, Elizabeth City, NC, 27909
    • Phone: (252) 264-3901, Fax: (252) 331-2951
    • Contact info for Coastal Area Management Agency:
  • Septic Permit (obtain from Camden County Health Department)
    • Contact Person: Kevin Carver or David Sweeny
    • P. O. Box 72, 160 US Hwy 158 East #B, Camden, NC, 27921
    • Phone: (252) 338-4460, Fax: (252) 338-4475
    • Contact info for Camden County Health Dept.:
  • All Taxes MUST be Paid on Property PRIOR to Application.

Form Instructions:

  • Type permit information into the text-box fields on the form, make selections from drop down boxes and/or any appropriate check-boxes.
  • Fill in what you know, anything you don't know - leave blank. Please note that items with a red border are required.
    • If a required item is not applicable, either select or type N/A or place a zero (0) in the field.
    • If a required item is unknown, type "unknown" or place a "0" in the field.
  • Most permits require supplemental documents such as site plans, building plans, and so forth.
    • Supplemental documents required for this permit are listed above. 
  • Be sure to sign and date your application
  • Once you have filled out the form and created digital files of the supplemental documents, email them to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or bring them to the Planning Department for processing.
  • We will notify you via email or phone when your permit is ready for pickup.

Saving Your Work to Continue Later:

Saving data may or may not be supported via your browser's pdf reader add-on.  If you have Adobe Pro or Adobe Reader DC, you can save or download the form and fill it out locally on your computer.  Local copies may be saved.  Saved copies of the fillable form may be emailed, although it is recommended to print your application to a pdf using a print-to-pdf program.

Powered by Phoca Download

Building Inspector

Barbara Rhoads, P.E. Chief Building Inspector P.O. Box 74, 117 NC Hwy 343 North Camden, NC 27921 (252) 338-1919 x227